Spouse of a settled person

If you are spouse of a settled person in the UK you will be eligible to apply for entry clearance as a spouse of a settled person.

The UKBA has announced new changes in this category which will come into effect from 9 July 2012 onwards. Accordantly to the new rule those who would like to bring their spouse or unmarried partner should have minimum earnings of £18,000.00 per annum. The qualifying period has also increased from two to five years.

In order to qualify for the UK spouse visa you must satisfy the following requirements:

  • You and your spouse with settled status in the UK must be 21 years of age or over.
  • You and your spouse must have met each other and you must be legally married. This requirement is in place to prevent situations that can occur as a result of arranged marriages whereby the husband and wife have never met.
  • You and your spouse must intend to live together on a permanent basis.
  • You and your spouse must have sufficient funds to support yourselves (and any dependants) without claiming public funds.
  • You must have suitable accommodation available for you, your spouse and any dependants.

Those who has granted visa under this category will have no restrictions to work in the UK.

Please note that it is a new requirement those who apply for an entry clearance or a visa as a spouse of a settled person to prove your English language in order for you to be eligible for this visa.

If you would like to get a quote or instruct us please contact on 020 8912 2280 or email us at sk@primarcsolicitors.com.


To receive a Call back from one of our representatives.