EEA Applications

Family member of a EEA Citizen

Under European Community Law, the right of residence gives EEA nationals the right to legally work and live in the UK.

The non EU nationals of the family member of an EU national can apply to EU family member card which will give them the right to live and work in the UK.

Those who are eligible to apply under this category are the spouse, unmarried partner of an EU citizen. In order to exercise the treaty the EU national of the non EU national should be living in the UK at the time of their application in one of the following categories:-

  • Student
  • Employed
  • Self-employed

  • Job seeker in the UK

Normally if your application is refused you will be given entry clearance or further leave to remain in the UK for five years therefore you will be eligible for ILR provided you meet all the other general criteria.

Yellow and Blue Card

The Bulgarian or Romanian citizens those who come to the UK are required to obtain either yellow or blue card in order for them to be eligible to work in the UK.

Please note that those who are intending to apply will need to have obtained comprehensive sickness insurance and UK NI number to be eligible to apply.

As you will need to meet various criteria’s in order for someone to apply by exercising the treaty therefore it is always advisable to take legal advice before you make an application to the UKBA.

We are experts in dealing with EEA applications to the UK therefore if you intend to make an application under this category and require assistance please contact us on 020 8912 2280.


To receive a Call back from one of our representatives.